How can I boot linux from windows boot loader?

Windows 7 was installed first and now I installed linux but I chose not install GRUB. So now my linux partition isn't accessible unless I use a boot disk to choose it. How can I add it to the default windows boot loader on windows 7?

Best Answer

you can't

you need a third party bootloader, grub is probably the best choice

• keerok

Try swapping the hard disk connections. Make the Linux your master drive and Windows your slave drive. Install GRUB on the boot sector of the Linux drive. The Windows boot loader (I think) does not recognize Linux partitions. GRUB knows all.

You can install GRUB even after everything has been installed. I have done it to boot DOS 6/Win3, Win98, WinXP, Fedora Core 3, SusE, and Xandros.

should hav been a warning to 'chose grub at this time'.....

If yu can uncomplicate things \sarcasm\ i mean uninstall al you may consider the following that installs popular Ubuntu Linux for desktop and also Netbook Editions as well as Kubuntu versions, more. U Pick which to install and let's you choose size of install up to 30 Gigs which is great. Check System requirements.....

ONE CLICK INSTALL / KEEPS WINDOWS / CAN UNINSTALL ANYTIME LIKE SOFTWARE - DOES NOT PARTITION...

Wubi Ubuntu Installer

http://wubi-installer.org/

Sometimes you want a new PC because you'd like a new operating system, but

your PC's processor and RAM can't handle a new one. Here's a way to get the

best of both worlds: Use this free program to install a dual-boot version of

Ubuntu Linux on your PC.

Works with: Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista

This might help.

Good luck