SL has the best and the worst bowling record in T20's? Best = 4-0-8-6 (Mendis) Worst = 4-0-64-0 (Sanath)?

Don't you find it's unique to see one team owns both best and the worst bowling record in T20's?

Best bowling figures in T20's = Mendis 4-0-8-6 (with 20 dot balls which also is a record?)

Wost bowling figures in T20's= Jayasuriya 4-0-64-0 against Pakistan!

Just looking at those figures don;t you think, Ajantha Mendis's effort was 8 times better than Jayasuriya's?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It is a bit wierd.

Personally I think that Mendis's effort was more than 8 times better.

If you calculate it as 1 wicket equates to 25 runs (runs that you would judge the performance of a batsman by), that would be like an individual scoring 150 in a T20 (has barely been done even in domestic tournaments). 16 runs an over and no wickets is like a batsman getting a duck but taking up 4 overs worth of deliveries. 150 individual runs off a maximum 20 overs is 7.5 an over. So 7.5x4 overs of wasted run scoring makes Mendis's performance about 30 times better than Jayasuriya's.

That is the only way I can figure that would be a relatively good measurement between the two as you can't say 8 times better because that is just comparing the runs per over, that is not taking in to account the effect taking multiple wickets has on the batting team. What I have worked out is like the duckworth lewis version of determing differences in individual player perforances. Not sure that my method will stick too long though.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Jayasuriya 4-0-64-0 against Pakistan!

Source(s): yes
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

its bowling read 4-2-8-6 and not 4-0-8-6 . Anyway its a quite a unique record for srilanka team

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

They're interesting stats Dinith, but it's all on the day in each and every game.

64 runs off 4 overs does represent a serious tonking though and 8-6 is going to take some beating.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • LION
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

I rather admire Ajantha's previous record, 6/16 against the Australians. .it's a remarkable achievment rather than breaking his own record against minnow team like Zimbabwe, hope he'll continue this form

• 8 years ago

yes

• 8 years ago

yes

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It is very interesting.

• yea......its right ,<< no question about that>>>

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.