Yellow Topaz is substitute for Yellow Saphire and I want to know?

how much cost difference between two and is it good to wear pearl ring with it.

• lb2k
    Favorite Answer

Yellow Topaz and Yellow Sapphire are both gemstones in their own right and I don't think either is a subtitute for the other.

Prices vary considerably depending on quality and size. In general, good Yellow Topaz under 3cts can range between US$15-$55/ct. Good Yellow Sapphire under 3 cts will go for about US$40-$90/ct.

Personally, I think Yellow Sapphire makes for a better jewelry gemstone, because it is more durable than Topaz. Sapphire is 9 on the Moh's Scale of hardness; Topaz is 8. Topaz also has an unfortunate physical property - basal cleavage. If hit at a vulnerable spot, Topaz will break easily.

As for whether it is good to wear with a pearl ring depends largely on your pearl, the design of the ring and on your sense of aesthetics. I don't see why it can't be used with pearl really...

Hope that helped!

Source(s): I LOVE gemstones and am a gemologist

no, topaz takes more time to heal....than yellow sapphires.......... yellow sapphires starts working with in 1 week