does anybody understands the beauty of a kashmir sapphire on yahoo?

this is the best blue sapphire ever produced by nature earth.finest among all.its mined in kashmir vally.if somebody have a gem quality kashmir blue sapphire then i would like to share opinion about it.how u managed to get it?what is the size?what price u paid for it.any technical knowledge about this gem? people having interest in gemology should write about their skills regarding this gemstone.

if somebody have a nice kashmir sapphire i would like to buy.please mention size and price either in US dollars or Indian Rupees.do mention if its certified or not.

contact me at deeplast_1999@yahoo.com

• lb2k
    Favorite Answer

A student from New Delhi showed me some Kashmirs he had purchased last year. They were indeed Kashmirs (we checked the inclusions) but they were one of the worse cut stones I'd ever seen. Plus they were badly zoned with (at best) a fair color grade.

My point is, the finest Kashmirs (and I've seen some at the Christies auctions) are the most beautiful, vivid yet velvety blue sapphires on the face of this earth. But your average Kashmir could be as average as a sapphire from any other locality.

I understand the buzz about origin (Golconda Diamonds/Kashmir Sapphires/Mogok Rubies etc), but we shouldn't judge gemstones by their "genetics". I've seen fine Burmese sapphires that would have knocked the socks of Kashmir enthusiasts.

Prices for fine Kashmirs? It's a seller's market! That's the best (and worse) thing about fine quality colored gemstones. They are so genuinely rare (as opposed to diamonds) they are worth whatever someone will pay for them!

i think my mum has one ring with it on. we get gems from the tv called GEMS TV she loves it. they start at some thing like:£350000 then goes down to about £300. if you have sky digital,check out channel 360. it wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have one, but it is beautiful.

real shiny

you made me now.