Only scientists please, How can we know if planet x exist or not?

Before to start, be serious pls, I saw in the news a couple weeks ago that scientistsat a japanese university of Kobe said they found a planet with the same description of planet x . They put precise information about the conditions of this planet, like covered with ice, ammonia, methane. 30 to 70 percent of the... show more Before to start, be serious pls, I saw in the news a couple weeks ago that scientistsat a japanese university of Kobe said they found a planet with the same description of planet x . They put precise information about the conditions of this planet, like covered with ice, ammonia, methane. 30 to 70 percent of the earth's mass is it's measuring.
http://news.sbs.com.au/worldnewsaustralia/scientists_discover_solar_system39s_39planet_x39_541620
Knowing this information, how can we really know how truth it is this matter? Some people, said it's not real, some people said it's real, I wish to start my own research, if you were me, how can you start your own research to know the truth? I live in California, but I know that the telescopes in some universities are available to make research just for professors, any advice? I have an open mind and just I want to know the truth, no because someone tell me that is truth or not, if not because I want to be a witness. Thx