Balanced Homemade cat food for kitty with allergies?

My 12y.o. cat was just diagnosed with severe food allergies and in addition to a month of steroids, etc to combat her allergic reaction (which was exacerbated by using Frontline), she is now required to be on a special diet. The vet said to only use Royal Canin Green Pea and Duck or Green Pea and Rabbit. It's... show more My 12y.o. cat was just diagnosed with severe food allergies and in addition to a month of steroids, etc to combat her allergic reaction (which was exacerbated by using Frontline), she is now required to be on a special diet. The vet said to only use Royal Canin Green Pea and Duck or Green Pea and Rabbit. It's quite expensive, and I don't believe they were just trying to sell me "their products" because they told us to try to get it discounted through a relative who works for a pet store. So, it's not like they're trying to just make a profit.

Anyway, the cat HATES the food and refuses to eat it, so I wanted to try making her food from home. Does anyone know of a well-balanced, healthy homemade kitty food for cats with food sensitivities? I have found several on the internet, but I question how balanced they are. OR, does anyone know of any other commercial foods that have worked for a severe food allergy?

-Thanks for any help anyone can provide!