promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is the most appropriate drink to toast the Phoenix Mars Lander with?

On May 25th the Phoenix Mars Lander will attempt to land, what is the most appropriate drink to toast it with?

I am looking for a new mixed drink or the most appropriate drink to raise a toast to the lander with.

Update:

I like the first answer and I think it is the truest drink but I was hoping for something with a bit more of a kick

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The most appropriate would be a Glass of Water with some Ice in it - as that is one of the mission parameters :)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

I totally disagree. It was a cheap mission. Just getting the thing to land was amazing. Maybe it was dumb to have ovens that are 1mm square. But bigger ovens would cost more. And Earth side simulations worked before launch. And to a large extent - they don't care if it's hard. They're used to hard work. You don't get to do that stuff if you're not into hard work. You have no idea. OK, so they were pretty sure that they were going to find water ice. But honestly, do you have any idea what they've actually done? I don't. I've only read half of Emily's blog. And the real science papers won't be out for six months or a year. And you won't hear about it, because you won't be tuned in. I mean, name something exciting that MRO has discovered while in Mars orbit. I can think of two things off the top of my head. What did Voyager 2 discover during it's Neptune fly by? Venus Express? Cassini? And so on. Get inspired. Join the Planetary Society. At least listen to their free half hour weekly radio program - available on the web, too.

• Tony W
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

A Mars Red

Tomato Juice (89%)

Worcester sauce (1%)

Vodka (10%)

Enjoy...

• 1 decade ago

Tang and 151.

Tang was what the astronauts drank in the '70s, at least thats what their marketing gurus led my 10 year old mind to believe back then. (the official space drink of NASA)

151...One hell of a kick. Your gonna land somewhere too.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sloe Gin Fizz. Sloe Gin is a reddish liqueur. The fizz adds an otherworldly quality to this classic drink.

• GeoffG
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

A Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, of course!

Source(s): Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • 1 decade ago

Bloody Mary since mars is red. also no one really toast with water....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Tequila sun rise": Tequila+ OJ + grenadine...it will be a reddish color.

• 1 decade ago

good old american bourbon

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.