Greg asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

I was bragging to my coworker, that i am a registered sex offender, on the registry, & she told me not to tell?

She said i wouldnt dare brag about that if i was you.

Why would she say this? I am proud of what I did, I dont see anything wrong with it.

I was and am 19, and i showed my nude body to a 15 year old girl, (she asked to see of course) they took pics, i got caught, and i got probation.

I am proud it.

Favorite Answer

I think you should brag about it more often, why not tell everyone you know :D It'll sure get you more popular!

Greg, let's have a talk. I won't judge you with all the words swimming in my head because enough people are about to to get my sentiments across.

What I will say, however, is that what you are convicted of and are on probation for is a socially unacceptable action. A large number of people find what you did disgusting and offensive and lewd. The reason your coworker may have been offended or asked you not to brag is because she is one of that group.

You have a right to your pride, no matter of what you are proud. I do not believe you should be proud of something like that. If you don't see anything wrong with what you did, that's one thing. But if you really, truly don't understand why she would tell you to not be proud of that, I am at a loss.

The simple statement "you should not be proud of ____" means that the speaker does not believe your actions were right and that they believe that you should not hold those actions as some sort of honorific medal.

Please understand that. And don't assume your beliefs are vindicated because people who will flame you disagree with you.

Well, for one thing, everyone at your work now knows.

No matter how you got on that registry, it's going to follow you everywhere you go for the rest of your life.

How many jobs are you going to get turned down for?

How many people are going to treat you differently when they find out?

How many times are you going to go out in the parking lot and see your tires slashed?

Go online and take a look at the registry you're in. Notice that it doesn't say what you did. It lumps you in with some 50-year-old guy who grabs little girls at the school bus stop.

Everyone who sees your name in that registry will think you are a child molester.

You need to find out how to get off that registry.

I think you are a lying troll, but if you are serious, you are lucky it wasn't my daughter, because you would have been beaten within an inch of your life, and when you were all healed up, I would have beaten you again.

And ANYONE proud of being on the sex offender registry list should just have a bullet in their head because they are a waste of water and oxygen.

Scott White showed his nude body on MSNBC's To Catch A Predator. He was the overweight guy with man boobs they caught naked in the kitchen of that youg boys house.

In America, most people who make laws are incapable or recognizing that human beings of a similar age can be sexually attracted to each other. And consensual acts between 2 similar aged persons are not harmful.

• Look, just because one person in your entire life asked to see you naked is nothing to be proud of. Especially since she was no doubt laughing the entire time. I won't even get into the rest of it.

So say you now. I doubt you will be proud in the coming years when you are trying to find housing or a better job.

Clone.

I am sorry that you have done nothing in your life that you can truly be proud of.