MY HOME HEAT BLOWS COLD AIR ONLY?

I have central heat an air. I had to reset the breaker for the furnace today. The heater never comes on in auto mode. I have a digital thermostat. I have also reset the breakers on the furnace itself. The blowwer will come on with it in manual. Any help would be nice. Davo

• Favorite Answer

If your fan motor is not coming on when the thermostat is on the call for heat with the fan setting on auto, this could be caused by several issues.

One: The thermostat could be faulty.

Two: You have a break in the low voltage heat wire (white) from the thermostat to the furnace.

Three: Heat/fan relay at the furnace could be faulty.

With your furnace tripping breakers scenario one and two are both unlikely.

I would suspect that heat/fan relay is not turning on the fan but is energizing the heat causing an overdraw of current, causing the tripping of the breakers.

Source(s): 12+year HVAC Tech
  • vivier

Central Heat Blowing Cold Air

Central Heater Blowing Cold Air

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

MY HOME HEAT BLOWS COLD AIR ONLY?

Source(s): home heat blows cold air only: https://biturl.im/zDVbX

Without being there its hard to know if its a thermostat problem or a furnace problem. Is it a all electric unit that does heating and ac? Or does it have a more traditional furnace for heating where there would be a fire you could really hear along with the blower?

Replace the thermostat. ovious its faulty or wires have a break. Check wires for faulty arc..