My first car what kind should i get?

im female i want something cheap i dont want high payments something less than say 10,000 dollars. Which type of car would be best for my money, what car is good on gas mileage and will last me a long time. It doesnt have to be a new car just a decent type of car

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Here is a list of high-reliability, fuel-efficient, durable cars that may be purchased for $10,000 or less:

A 2005 or earlier Toyota Echo (the Echo has a 2009 Auto Reliability GPA of a perfect 4.00 (on the standard scale of 0.00 to 4.00) over a 6-year history),

A 2007 or 2008 Toyota Yaris (the Yaris, successor to the Echo, has a 2010 Auto Reliability GPA of 4.00 over a 2-year history),

A 2007 or earlier Toyota Corolla (the Corolla has a 2010 Auto Reliability GPA of 3.81 over a 10-year history),

A 2006 or earlier 4-cylinder Toyota Camry (the 4-cylinder Camry has a 2010 Auto Reliability GPA of 3.69 over a 10-year history),

A 2006 or earlier 4-cylinder Honda Accord (the 4-cylinder Accord has a 2010 Auto Reliability GPA of 3.81 over a 10-year history),

A 2006 or earlier Honda Civic Sedan (the Civic Sedan has a 2010 Auto Reliability GPA of 3.75 over a 10-year history.

One word of caution: When buying a used vehicle, always check to make sure that it has been properly maintained.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Anything American since you should never buy a used import for a first car. They are expensive to repair and often have to have parts ordered leaving you with nothing to drive waiting for parts.

Source(s): Combat Veteran.
  • 10 years ago

Hyundai is the most fuel efficient car company in america. their cars last very long and they are priced very low. there are tons of them in your budget. Other kinds are Toyota's and kia's. Go to cars.com or autos.yahoo.com and im sure you will find the perfect one for you.

• 10 years ago

honda is Top rated car if u check and easy to sell.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.