Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Why do movies/books no longer have any moral lessons and why do they appeal to many people?

Favorite Answer

It's a rather popular trend because it allows people to watch or read a story without actually having to take anything from the movie itself. Most people who go to movies don't always want to have a moral forced down their throat and the subtle ones can sometimes make a story confusing for people who aren't looking for them. So, it's becoming more and more common to not have a moral.

Source(s): Jonathan Da'Wayne Lindsey
  • Saul

I do agree. All of my favorite books and movies were made before i was born.

It's just what the consumers want. They would rather have a nice, good looking movie, such as Avatar, than something with actual morals.

Actually, more of them are about teenage drama (if you're a teenager reading books) and I guess drama is in for the decade for movies.