Should I get Turbin off waivers?

My team:

QB- Stafford, Ponder

RB- Bradshaw, Green-Ellis, Greene, K Smith, Morris

WR- Colston, Bryant, Antonio Brown,Stevie Johnson

TE- Gronk, Celek

Morris looked good but is a big question mark considering Shanahan and his backfield. Lynch has been ruled limited or out on Sunday and Turbin looks like an impressive backup. Should i drop Morris and go for Turbin for now?

Favorite Answer

I think its worth a shot because Turbin will definitely be in line for major touches when Lynch is out. Also the Shanny backfield is always fluid so even if Morris gets carries this game he's never a lock for more down the road. If you want to still take a chance on Morris tho, I'd also consider dropping Celek as there are probably going to be plenty of Tight-Ends of his caliber on waivers this season and baring an injury you'll only be starting them once with Gronk locked in as your TE#1 (k. rudolph, z. miller, j. cook, g. olsen, m. bennett, s. chandler, m. lewis, h. miller....just to name a few).

EDIT: Also you can never have "too many runningbacks" as one person said above. They are harder and harder to come by as the season goes on and make EXCELLENT trade bait.

• Dave H

I agree with the others. Turbin is a worthy target, but no need to drop Morris. Ponder or Celek serve very little purpose on your team. Unless you are just so sure the Ponder is gonna throw 5 td's the only week he will be starting for you (week 5 against the Titans).

You may as well. Celek and Ponder don't really have much purpose on your squad barring bye week and any injury to Gronk or Stafford. The roster spot is better used on someone who can put up points now, ie. Turbin. Especially considering beyond Bradshaw none of your RBs look like certain starts this week (maybe Green-Ellis)

• Ryan

Stafford

Bradshaw

Green Ellis

Colston

Bryant

Gronkowski

At the flex I would put either brown or greene.

I honestly wouldnt worry about Turbin.

• Turbin is a top 20 play in week one if Lynch ends up not playing. He'd be a great week one start! Morris is probably going to still be there to pick up if you really want to.

I'd also probably drop Ponder sooner than I would Morris

I personally would drop Christian Ponder, or Brent Celek, and grab him off of waivers.

It seems like you want to keep them though, for whatever your reasoning may be. It is a good move to drop Morris, and pick up Turbin though. (In PPR, or Standard Scoring)

Id hold onto Morris until you know what their backfield is going to be like. You could drop Ponder for now and if you wanted him back im sure you could easily pick him back up.

Indianapolis' protection heavily isn't good sufficient to start on a fantasy group. seem to verify if Suggs or Bell are accessible off waivers. if so p.c.. them up. See in case you are able to commerce for the NYG protection, because of fact they are going to probable have the quantity 2 protection this 12 months precise in the back of the bears. close third could be the Ravens. If achievable, it incredibly is incredibly helpful to commerce for Chris Chambers and/or Roy Williams. those 2 would be interior the ideal 5 recievers this 12 months. so a approaches as commerce bait, Alexander is coming off a checklist breaking season, so all and sundry could want him.

Drop morris and go for turbin

I would rather drop Ponder and get a qb off waivers or even Celek.