Why is being a liberal considered to be so bad?

I don't understand why people hate liberals. Liberals are the nicest, most caring people in America. For example why do people hate gays and gay marriage. From my experience with gay people in the workplace and in public they are the nicest people you will ever meet. They don't judge anybody for who they... show more I don't understand why people hate liberals. Liberals are the nicest, most caring people in America.

For example why do people hate gays and gay marriage. From my experience with gay people in the workplace and in public they are the nicest people you will ever meet. They don't judge anybody for who they are and they treat everybody with respect.

Hollywood liberals are another. Sure they are rich but they don't mind paying more in taxes to help the less fortunate and they are the most giving people in this country to charities. You don't see Big Oil companies are Wall street CEO donating millions to charity.

And what is wrong with people just being themselves and expressing who they are. The First Amendment says Freedom of Religion. Someone needs to relay that message to all the Ultra Conservative Christians who hate anybody that is not a christian. BTW Jesus is a liberal.

LIVE AND LET LIVE!!! As long as somebody's lifestyle is not hurting any body else WHAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!

Finally why do people hate Barack Obama. I voted for him in 2008 and will again in 2012 and he is the most caring, generous person there is who is trying to help the less fortunate (the 99% of Americans) in the worst economy since the Great Depression that he inherited from George (DUBYA) Bush.

In the end I believe liberal values are better than conservative values. Is there anyone that feels like this. I am from Texas so I don't see that many liberals.