J.Slope asked in TravelUnited StatesChicago · 1 decade ago

Comcast Chicago, the horror...?

I’ve never had a more miserable experience with a cable company in my life…the technicians they send out are morons, their customer service department employs and is run by morons, and they’re a bunch of thieves!

The technicians brought the wrong equipment out to me three times, cancelled my appointment without calling me once, and then offered me over $100 off of my next bill only to have their credit department disapprove that they were at fault and TRY to take the credit away. Now three months later my cable doesn’t even work properly. These guys are douche bags, I'm going to get a dish when my contract is up.

1. Anybody else’s Comcast not working well right now?

2. Are there more horror stories or is this just me?

Favorite Answer

Comcast SUCKS!!!!

My cable always freezes up and goes out.

My cable modem is constantly going out.

Everytime a comcast serviceman comes out they have no clue and treat me like i'm some kind of idiot.

Direct TV is looking better and better everyday.

• Bailey

Ditto! I had similar problems that lasted for at least 1 Month! They could not find the problem. 5 technicians showed up when there was no appt. Every time i called to follow up on the problem.they had no information of what had been done (NOTHING). Every time a tech would come out they would tell me a different type of tech SHOULD have come! I finally told them to forget it! I found the problem myself. It was a wire going into the box that was broke. They replace all the inside wires and all the outside wires going to the post! And i fixed it! I am paying $1OO a month for this horrible service! I would like to change but I am not hearing very good things about other options!

I haven't had any major problems with them in the three years I've been a Comcast subscriber, but from the sound of things I guess I've been lucky. i was contemplating getting the dish, so if anyone has had Comcast and now has a dish, let us know if it's better or worse.

• Comcast sucks. Doesn't matter if you're in Chicago or not, they simply suck. The best day of my Comcast experience was the day we cancelled the cable and got a Dish.

Oh man that's awful. Not only their service but they run commercials NON STOP about how great they are and how they'll change your life. They have celebrities, athletes and every so and so in the middle of EVERY show on EVERY channel telling you about how your remote control works how great they're "power boost" internet is and talking turtles and fake newscaster and on and on and on. I miss my Dish Network soooo bad.

Once I got Direct TV I regretted not getting it sooner. Dump cable and get satellite.

its not just you

i am so glad i have a satetlite..

i co worker had that 33 plan ans when it was over the price tripled..and keeps going up but yet they take away stations and if you want them back they want more money

if you coud get rid of scamcost

remember, comcasts doesnt make you sign any contracts, you cancell at anytime