MJ fans: those who have read The Magic and Madness?

I am reading it now, just starting on Part Four. I think the stories of Mike's childhood are appalling. Some fans have said it's a biased book, and some say it's good. What about you? I think the introduction by the writer is pretty biased and mean and he slanders Mike, calls him a weirdo and seems... show more I am reading it now, just starting on Part Four. I think the stories of Mike's childhood are appalling. Some fans have said it's a biased book, and some say it's good. What about you?

I think the introduction by the writer is pretty biased and mean and he slanders Mike, calls him a weirdo and seems to be hinting that Mike is gay. (the way he writes it, he seems to doubt that Mike isn't gay!!) He doesn't understand Mike at all, it is hurting to read of the way he wrote about Mike. But the parts where he wrote about Mike's terrible childhood is an interesting read. Makes me have doubts which are real though, cos of the biased way he writes about Mike.
Update: Thanks for the opinions. I was also quite sceptical after reading the intro, the way the intro is written speaks volumes of the direction the book is going.. And no, I did not buy the book, I borrowed it from the library. I intend to do that for most MJ books, and eventually buy the one that I like. Any... show more Thanks for the opinions. I was also quite sceptical after reading the intro, the way the intro is written speaks volumes of the direction the book is going..

And no, I did not buy the book, I borrowed it from the library. I intend to do that for most MJ books, and eventually buy the one that I like. Any suggestions?? :D