Quick "girlfriend" question.?

So my girlfriend lives 8 hours away for school, and she is in a sorority. Since last year she would joke about a guy she had a crush on who is in a dancing fraternity and a leader of stuff. Anyways, 2 days ago we decide to take a break for a bit, to sort some stuff out within ourselves to make our relationship... show more So my girlfriend lives 8 hours away for school, and she is in a sorority. Since last year she would joke about a guy she had a crush on who is in a dancing fraternity and a leader of stuff. Anyways, 2 days ago we decide to take a break for a bit, to sort some stuff out within ourselves to make our relationship better. Anyways she calls me tonight, cause there was a big party and she was drunk, and saying she got in a fight with her best friend. Apparantley her best friend broke up with her boyfriend a couple days ago too, and she is now going after this guy that my girlfriend would joke about. She called me, saying how upset she was, and how hurtful it is to her. I don't understand, why should she be upset and angry, if she wants to fix things with me??
Any input? Maybe some female insight, am I over reacting to this?