What's a good SUV/Van for $20,000?

I'm thinking about a new Car/SUV/Van that seats 6 or 7 and is in the $20k neighborhood. Tall order I know. So far I'm looking at the Mazda 5 and the Dodge Journey. Any thoughts on these vehicles or any suggestions for others?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Your budget is rather limited for a 6- or 7-seat vehicle. Here are three, in descending order of 2010 Auto Reliability GPA (on the standard scale of 0.00 to 4.00):

The Mazda5, with a 2010 Auto Reliability GPA of 1.63 (a low C) over a 4-year data history,

The Kia Sedona, with a 2010 Auto Reliability GPA of 0.08 (an F) over a 7-year data history,

The Dodge Journey, with a 2010 Auto Reliability GPA of 0.00 (an F) over a 1-year data history.

For comparison, here are overall 2010 Car Reliability GPAs for several brands, in descending order:

Honda: 3.67 ( an A)

Toyota: 3.53 (a low A)

Subaru: 2.61 (a low B)

Mazda: 2.28 (a C)

Ford: 2.17 (a C)

Kia: 1.97 (a C)

Volkswagen: 1.58 (a low C)

Chevrolet: 1.37 (a D)

Chrysler: 1.04 (a D)

Dodge: 0.97 (a D).

• 10 years ago

Mazda 5 yes, Dodge Journey no. There's also the Kia Rondo, a cheap, over looked, very reliable 7-seater. The Toyota Sienna or the Honda Odyssey are great vans, but you will have to find used models.

• 10 years ago

I agree with neal. The mazda5 and kia rondo are very good cars that are constantly overlooked.

• 10 years ago

Nissan infiniti

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.