Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 years ago

Could I get in trouble for pooping my pants at work?

I just always wondered if you work at a strict uptight enviroment and you just happen to have an accident and people were disgusted by it and you were suddenly fired. Its a natural body function and wouldn't that be unethical to fire somebody over it? And if it were to happen could a lawsuit be filed for wrongful termination or dircrimating someone against ther health. Its a stupid question but I just had that thought today?

• Cliff
    Favorite Answer

You can be fired for any reason at all or no reason, so yes...you can be fired for that

All though unsightly, soiling you pants at work and thus being terminated for such indecent is unethical it is not illegal. A lawsuit would not be successful because this is not a previous documented illness.

If this is an ongoing health issue that can not be controlled you could apply for disability.

If it is something that was pure accident i don't think so. It would be so embarrassing but if you are doing it out of pure laziness or just lack of respect then yes. You can be sent home and probably told to get some help.

• None

There are some states that allow employers to fire you without reason. You can also quit without giving a reason.

Source(s): life

Good thought provoking question. Why don't you do it and then let the rest of us know what happens? This really must be researched.

No, you cannot if you did it without intention or had no control over it.

Source(s): Jesus Christ Himself, The Christian Bible, Reality, My Mind, Yahoo! Answers.

no, unless it was on purpose they shouldn't be able to fire you

Nahh lol

Not unless it was on purpose....

no....