I think I may have G.A.D. but I'm too afraid to talk to my mom about it?

I'm 16 years old and I think I may have generalized anxiety disorder. I am suffering from many of the symptoms including having suicidal thoughts, so I know I need help. Please don't say it's just teenage angst. Something is wrong with me that is keeping me from going to parties and social events... show more I'm 16 years old and I think I may have generalized anxiety disorder. I am suffering from many of the symptoms including having suicidal thoughts, so I know I need help. Please don't say it's just teenage angst. Something is wrong with me that is keeping me from going to parties and social events because I think something bad is going to happen. It's also keeping me from sleeping when I worry about certain aspects of my life like school and relationships.
Anyway, I would need to talk to my mom about it before I go to the doctor because there is a chance that, if I am diagnosed with G.A.D., that I will need medication. I'm afraid that she will just yell at me and tell me that it's nothing and to stop being a baby. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Update: I have tried to kill myself once already. I don't need you telling me that what I'm going through is fake. Thanks.