How can I possibly overcome my shyness?

I've been shy all of my life! Except really in 1st-4th grade since I had a best friend in each class. I would even get in trouble for talking sometimes. Now I am shy and I don't have any close friends. I do have a best friend, but I'm not close enough to her to be going over her house or her coming over. I hate being shy so much! I just really want to come out and break free! I really really want to just come out of my shell, but since I'm already known as the shy girl, I can't! Since a lot of people know I'm shy, no one wants to take the time to know me. I get a little less shy with people who do get to know me, like my best friend. How can I just break free? My shyness is killing me inside! I hate it so badly I just want to cry!

The school year is almost over, so can I maybe just start all over in the 10th grade when there's new people in my classes? I really want to make new friends!

Sometime everyone needs an ice breaker.Try to be yourself in any situation. Dress appropriately,wear makeup that looks natural and make your overall appearance as best as you can. All these things makes a more confident person.Once you feel good about yourself you will find people who will like you as you are.That will happen. The worst thing is being fake. or try to look like other girls or talk badly just to be among the popular.Do your best in school. High school as you know is no joke .You need focusing and try to meet new friends that have same likes as you.This way you can talk about things that are common just need to get one good friend

who has other good friends

before you know

it

you also will have loads of friends and on and on. Be confident in yourself even if you seem to get a panic attack. Compose yourself and just remember

you are just as good as the next guy.Walk in the classroom like you own the school. Do that anywhere you go and you will learn a good technique from me>

Source(s): When i was school age we had moved quite a bit for one reason or another like a fire destroyed our building one time or whatever reason i was in different schools and everytime i went i felt so shy and alone and told my dad how i felt he said dont worry about anything you just walk in there like you own the joint. Well that has worked in any situation so many times. Will work for you also try it.

Just put yourself out there.Do not be afraid to speak publicly with others or what others think about you since this may be the problem itself.Start with little steps and then work your way up.

Source(s): It's a thought

i was also very shy in high school. but now i am an actor and i took lots of acting classes and that built my confidence up.

i used to be real shy . but just tell somebody off if they aggravating in class . then the rest of the kids will probably laugh . trust it works. just be the loud mouth , but keep it classy

Do things to embarrass yourself,soon you just won't care anymore.