trisha h asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know how to shut up a noisy cat?

I have tried everything. Putting pennies in a can and shaking them when he meows, Squirting him with water, ignoring him. It is driving my nuts. He is neutered and goes outside and I have had him at the vets. He meows from the time he gets up until bedtime( and that is only because we put him in the laundry room so we can sleep) Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this. I want to get rid of him but my husband and son love him.

Favorite Answer

Now that the behavior is so engrained, it will be hard to undo. But you should have some success rewarding the cat with food when he's quiet.

I had the same problem cat squaking at all hours, i squirted him with a water out of a water squirt gun, he stopped after getting soaked several times.

other than the meowing, is he a good cat? I would hate for you to get rid of him b/c who is going to want him? Does he get enough attention? Sorry, i have no ideas!

How old is the cat? Sometimes a thyroid condition can cause increase vocalization- this can be diagnosed by bloodowrk. A behavioralist specialist told me (re: my own cat) to feed her

at night... she was so busy feeding, she did not cry as much

Feed him some enough canned cat food until it's so full it has to sleep

do not get rid of him cuz that is just cruel it might want u to feed it and i might need love from u.

question email or im me

alycat

put him near your husband and son all the time so they can get sick of it to. and get rid of that darn cat.....get it that darn cat!! yeah he gotta ride out. or he has to go if you didnt understand me the first time with my "urban self"

hope i helped

Source(s): wisdom

Just lock him/her in the bathroom...buts thats really harsh I love cats.!.!.!.

get rid of it