Help with flirting with a guy? And asking him out?

There is this guy I knew since 5th grade , and now we're in 7th grade. He was in my class in 5th grade and he was and is in most of my classes in 6th grade and same for now in 7th. We weren't exactly friends, but sometimes when eating lunch or something like that with mutual friends, we would chat. And now... show more There is this guy I knew since 5th grade , and now we're in 7th grade. He was in my class in 5th grade and he was and is in most of my classes in 6th grade and same for now in 7th. We weren't exactly friends, but sometimes when eating lunch or something like that with mutual friends, we would chat. And now we usually do chat walking between classes with mutual friends. And I have a BIG crush on him. It was like love at first sight, on that first day of 5th grade. I am not the type of girl who likes every single [cute] boy she lays her eyes on. I only "liked" a boy once, and it was this guy, and I still like him. Now, I'm thinking of asking him out, but as I said, I only like/liked him and no one else, so I have never been in a relationship. I don't know how to flirt, ask someone out, etc.
Now, I simply ask for this:
1.) Should I flirt with him a little first, and then ask him out?
2.) If #1 is a yes, how do I flirt? What should I say? I mean, I never have before!
3.) How should I ask him out? Like how should I phrase my question?
Update: Thank you Gina you are right about how 7th grade relationships don't last;
and yes splinter i just gave an answer LOL sorry