Did I make him go bad?

Well, it' like this. I started going out with this chap who worked in the same building as me. He seemed really nice, he had a lovely soft voice and we had about three dates. Well then a sort of friend of mine also met him and told me that he was obviously gay. After that the man I had been dating sort of... show more Well, it' like this. I started going out with this chap who worked in the same building as me. He seemed really nice, he had a lovely soft voice and we had about three dates. Well then a sort of friend of mine also met him and told me that he was obviously gay. After that the man I had been dating sort of disappeared from work. I told everyone that I had finished with him although that's not really true, I just didn't see him anymore.

The next time I heard anything about him was when he organised a few, well, crimes really. He ended up on trial but was somehow, despite all the evidence against him, let off.

What I need to know is- is it my fault that he started doing all these awful things? Someone I know has suggested that I should not get into a relationship again if it ends up with someone going really bad afterwards. Do you think it is really my fault?
Update: The Woman- I've got a cat already.