Could he be Schizophrenic? PLEASE HELP?

Well My life long friend that is now 23 I believe may have symtoms of Schizophrenia. He has told his mother he has heard voices. His father was Schizophrenic and now lives on the streets. He has been talking about god and there being a higher power.. He's always very paranoid, About every little thing. If... show more Well My life long friend that is now 23 I believe may have symtoms of Schizophrenia.
He has told his mother he has heard voices.
His father was Schizophrenic and now lives on the streets.
He has been talking about god and there being a higher power..
He's always very paranoid, About every little thing.
If theres a noise his heads looking that way in a flash.
He has tried Weed and extacy. He still smokes weed he had stopped for a month but just picked it up again this week. A girl at work has been bothering him and yelling at him. Flirting, then being mean. (I don't know if this is all true or not this is what he's telling me) He tells me just about everything. He has had a unusual interest in younger girls.. Im almost 15. I have known him my whole life and he didn't really used to be like this.. He doesn't try not to take his anti depressants. And he missed two and he didn't act to much different. I was cuddling up to him watching a movie and he was always so paranoid someone was going to walk in. (but idk if that could be a sign because i am 14 and he's 23 and obviously my brother wouldn't really like that) But he put his hands around my neck and kinda squeezed but then stopped.. It scared me but I think he was just playing.. He's told me how he wants to die.. And he wishes he could just die.. (but Schizophrenic people don't usually want to die and they think everything is normal?) Im trying to make him stop smoking weed and cigs. He's been to the psyc. hospital and admitted himself unlike most Schizophrenic or mental disorder people.. He wants help.
Update: the doctors diagnosed him with sever anxiety and insomnia. Which are both symtoms of Schizophrenia.. I feel safe around him. I have known him my whole life.
Update 2: he looks at people in the eyes. he talks alot.. Can keep the conversation. He told me he does talk to himself sometimes.. When he's bored. Hes always moving.. likes to stay busy. THIS IS NOT FAKE WHY WOULD I FAKE THIS. Please just answer my question. he doesn't usually stay in one spot and not talk..... show more he looks at people in the eyes. he talks alot.. Can keep the conversation. He told me he does talk to himself sometimes.. When he's bored. Hes always moving.. likes to stay busy. THIS IS NOT FAKE WHY WOULD I FAKE THIS. Please just answer my question. he doesn't usually stay in one spot and not talk.. Doesn't do anything weird with his mouth or whatnot.