Can you help me to come out of the closet?

I am 14 and i really want to come out of the closet about being gay. However, I'm afraid of how many friends i might lose if i do. So I'm an active church member since last year. But I only go to church to hang out with friends, not for spiritual purposes. I can come out of the closet at school but I still... show more I am 14 and i really want to come out of the closet about being gay. However, I'm afraid of how many friends i might lose if i do. So I'm an active church member since last year. But I only go to church to hang out with friends, not for spiritual purposes. I can come out of the closet at school but I still have some second thoughts. But then again, is it really nessesary (I know there's a c in there somewhere) for my friends to know? But I really don't want to lose my church friends. Help please.
Update: I consider myself an atheist. I have no interest in being a Christian.