My rat has completely vanished!!?

My pet rat has disappeared! It was around half 3 on Friday morning, (I was the only person up & doors to outside were all closed) she was sleeping in her favourite spot under the TV, I went out of the room for a few minutes, & then came back to put her to bed & she was nowhere to be seen! We've had everyone... show more My pet rat has disappeared! It was around half 3 on Friday morning, (I was the only person up & doors to outside were all closed) she was sleeping in her favourite spot under the TV, I went out of the room for a few minutes, & then came back to put her to bed & she was nowhere to be seen! We've had everyone searching for her ever since, there is not even any wee, poo, nothing has been chewed (she always chews corners of boxes, cables & all sorts), & no food has been taken. She is the type of rat to take a run & jump into your cereal as soon as you walk in the room, she's cheeky & not scared of anyone! The only thing I can think of is she has become stuck somewhere, but we have checked the whole house!! I'm so worried about her!!

Can I add she has never & would not run away! She has free roam of the house everyday! Even when I have taken her outside in the summer, she'll just sit next to me on a blanket! She hates to be apart from people!

Also rats have so much loyalty, VERY different to other small rodents like hamsters & gerbils who are mindless with no affection, & will run away at any opportunity. So hamster stories are of no use.

It's like she's just vanished into thin air, it just does not make sense!!

AS I SAID SHE WOULD NOT HAVE RUN OFF!!
SHE IS A RAT NOT A HAMSTER!!
SHE HAS BEEN LIVING IN THE HOUSE FOR A YEAR & A HALF WITH NO PROBLEMS!

She is one & a half & healthy!

I know she would come back if she could.
We have looked EVERYWHERE! including the roof of the house (in case she has climbed the chimney), inside the fridge & freezer, emptied every box, draw, cupboard, moved furniture, checked inside the couch, no signs of her what so ever!
We've put posters up, leaflets in all the houses, & local shop!
Update: Melissa - this is for rat owners only, I don't want you opinion