Dating Egyptian Guy?

I have been dating an Egyptian guy for a little while now. It's not quite a serious relationship yet but we are spending a lot of time getting to know each other. So far we haven't come across any serious barriers in terms of cultural differences etc. I am just wondering if anyone else has any experience... show more I have been dating an Egyptian guy for a little while now. It's not quite a serious relationship yet but we are spending a lot of time getting to know each other. So far we haven't come across any serious barriers in terms of cultural differences etc. I am just wondering if anyone else has any experience dating Middle Eastern guys, but more specifically Egyptian guys? He is from Alexandria, can you tell me anything about what type of city this is (conservative, liberal etc.)? Are there any big cultural differences between Egyptian culture and that of other Middle Eastern countries? What are some things that I should consider or definitely ask him about to help me determine a little more about our compatibility?

Please don't give me answers bashing Muslims and Islam; there is enough of that on the news for me to understand that point of view. I am looking for insightful, constructive comments and to learn about the experiences of others.
Thanks!