Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

True or False: "There are no facts, only interpretation"?

"There are no facts, only interpretation"

just think for 20 seconds before answering and you'll feel the empathy for my confusion lol

• Favorite Answer

This depends from where you ask. Leaving your personality behind and asking from an (theoretical) outside stand point, then there are facts and these are what they are and this doesn't depend on any observer.

Or you ask as a person observing something, then the observed will look as a fact for you, but indeed this is only your interpretation, as you see it in a specific way depending on your personal structure, what means determined from your unconscious background and from your gathered knowledge, also influenced by your physical and emotional condition. And because of this for another person the same thing might look different and will be interpreted differently and so the 'fact' will have a different description.

BeiYin

False

1+1=2 This is not a interpretation. This is a mathematical fact.

I can see where what you're talking about could apply on somethings but your question mentioned "There are no facts" and that's just not true.

True. In science there are no facts, just explanations based on the best evidence available.

False. I was not aware of this. What should I bring to the celebration? Cake? Edit; Just gave you your 100th star. Happy 100th star birthday thingy!

I have no idea where you are going with this... Im lost. I think, or at least think there are in fact facts. I dont think I understand the question.

True

True in most situations.

false.

FALSE.

TRUE