DMW asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 1 decade ago

any dealings with techon digital?

Favorite Answer

Yes... my mistake. I ordered a camera from them online. They called back to confirm the order within a few hours then asked me what accessories I wanted. they were trying to sell me a battery for $149.00. The same battery averages $30.00. They tried to sweeten the deal with additional's for free.. I told them no just wanted the camera and they said they don't just sell cameras without you buying extra accessories. When I tried to call them to discuss their customer service, they hung up on me. I called back and asked for their location, they hung up on me. I called back a third time and got hung up on again..... DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE! I'm just worried now because they have may credit card number. YIKES

Don't deal with these freaks their SSL certificate is expired, their Comodo secure shopping link does not work.

I called them and things got even MORE suspicious. I got an answering machine that did not say the name of the store (suggesting several fake wesbites). The operator was rude, and he told me they do not have shipping insurance. And oh, their policy says they charge a minimum of 30% as a restocking fee.

Ask yourself WHY does the price of a cardboard box and some bubble wrap have to depend on the price of the product?

DO NOT deal with these ripoffs

• Elvis

go to yahoo search

type techon digital review

They are scammers. Check resellerratings dot com.

Bottom line...don't deal with online vendors with zero background. I know you want to, but don't.

Common sense RULES!!!! Good luck!

Source(s): resellerratings

I am not sure what this means, are they a fake or not? How would I know if they were? I just placed an order with them, I will let you know how it turns out.

i checked on reseller ratings. and they seemed to be by some brooklyn company. who registerd that doman 3 months back. july 2007.

check on resellerratings.