I'm 14 years old and gay...?

I've liked other guys for about a year or so. I don't want to open up in school or to my family. What I do want though is to find another guy who is gay and doesn't want to open up either. I know i'm not the only one in my school and how can i find another one? I also have many other friends who i think are bi-curious but I don't know how to open up to them that i'm gay.

Favorite Answer

I think that it is almost impossible to find another gay person who doesn't admit they are gay. I'm not sure how you were planning to do that. Can you explain that logic? Well, if you know your school is very anti-gay and you could put yourself in danger by telling people, I think you should be careful who you tell. Some people think gay is wrong because they were taught that, but by joining your school's gsa, you might be able to change that. If you don't want to do that, and you know that the worst part of coming out is just teasing, then I think that you can come out if you want. First of all, it is just your business and you aren't obligated to come out. The only down side is you can't get a boyfriend if no one knows. If you know your friends are good people who will accept you for who you are, you can tell them. If your family is open minded, you should tell them and they will accept you, but if they are a bit more close minded, maybe you should tell them with a friend around to back you up. I'm pretty sure there are other gay guys in your school, somewhere I heard that 1/10 men are gay (or something like that). I think joining your school's gsa (if they have one) is your best bet. Don't be ashamed about who you are. Your sexuality doesn't change a person. Also, you can't hide your sexuality forever, so it might be better to come out now before people start making a big deal about it. Just make sure that your decision will make you happy.

Okay this is quite easy for me because I was in this situation a couple of years ago. I told my bestfriend who I thought was interested in girls, by touching my leg, gazing into my eyes, whenever I look at her I catch her staring at me and smileing, that sort of thing, that I am interested in girls and she supported me. Then 6 months later she came out to me and said that she loved me. I was like omg woah lol. Basically open up to someone who you strongely believe to be bi curious or gay or whatever and just take it from there. If they support you, they are your true mates.

Source(s): My experence.

I have a friend named Kurt, he's gay. He came out last year to his best friend and I'm not gonna lie - he gets bullied, but I found out this guy at our school on the football team has been SEXUALLY harassing him and he's homophobic. He actually kissed him. KISSED HIM. And he poked his chest - sexually intimidating him. Then he threatened to kill him and now Kurt transferred to this school where they are tolerant of everything because his gay guardian angel goes there.

I'd suggest asking your friends opinions on homosexuals first - then you can think about opening up to them.

^^^ They ain't your friends if they don't accept you for who you are ^^^

This is the truth, whether you like it or not.

If you get bullied beat the **** out of your bullies.