Is this normal? Women only please.?

First off, I don't want any guys commenting, or putting up nasty stuff. Okay, here's the deal. I'm 4 months pregnant, and I've two yeast infections in the last two months, and I think I have another one. Is this a normal part of pregnancy, or do I need to kicking some ***? BTW, this is my first pregnancy, so I'm not real sure what to expect.

Nope, no gestational diabetes, already got checked for it.

Well, based on the answers, I think it's about time to find a new OB/GYN, cause she keeps telling me it's nothing to worry about.

Favorite Answer

Yeast infections are common in pregnancy. Your hormones are changing, and that can affect the internal environment. But you could be catching it from your husband. Everybody has yeast on their skin, and you could be more sensitive to what is on his skin. Often if you are treated for a yeast infection, the doctor will treat your husband, too. If your husband hasn't been treated, he should be. As an extra precaution, ask him to wash before sex.

I'm a guy. Women get yeast infections; that's just the way the world is. Do you have gestational diabetes? Diabetes makes a person more suceptible to infection. You might ask your doctor about your blood sugar test results. YA is not the place for getting medical questions answered. You have no idea who is answering, whether they actually know anything, or whether they may be malicious. You should ask your doctor this question.

• Snark

Check with your OB/GYN again, and if you are not satisfied, get a second opinion. Yeast infections are common in pregnancy. If you look at the instructions for yeast infection treatments, it will tell you that recurring yeast infections can be a sign that you are preganant.

It is normal to get yeast infections. I had quite a few with my children (7). Talk with your doctor. If you are having them, then you and your husband should be taking medicine to cure it, if your husband doesn't take the medicine, he could be re-infecting you.

its normal, it is easier to get a yeast infection when you are preg. have you been tested for gestational diabetes? that can also be making you have multiple yeast infections.

Source(s): i had gestational diabetes

women tend to get alot oif infections during pregnancy ask youre doctor about it and see what kind of infection it is then you will know if youre ole man needs a good ole a.. kicking.

it's perfectly common, and just one of a number of odd things that you'll find throughout the pregnancy. good luck, and best wishes for a smooth pregnancy!

this is normal because i went through it myself,i think i had about 5 or during my prenancy and i gave birth to a healthy baby girl so try not to worry.if your that worried see your gp and get him to refer you to the hospital

Its normal but a bit too often in my opinion, do bring it up with your doctor and incorporate fresh yoghurt in your diet

You should be asking your Dr. this question--although I never ever had one until I was pregnant and had a few more while I was pregnant--then even afterward---but please see your Dr.---he or she is the only one who should be helping you with this problem--