Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 decade ago

am I dyslexic?

well first of all when I am writing I get my "Ds" and "Bs" mixed up, also I mix words around when I'm reading like the other day I read a paper aloud to my friend ~ Me: Norway is the land of fried rice

Friend: what the phuck let me see that ~ turns out it said fire and ice. and every time I see santa cruz I think it says santa clous, also I was reading info on a movie I was going to watch it said some thing about some people had to stop satan from impregnating a human woman I thought it said some people had to stop santa from impregnating a human woman, and I thought the first time I saw Chicken filet (fast food place) that it said Chickafile.

All my friends call me the dyslexic geinus, but I don't know if I'm dyslexic or just plain stupid how do I find out if I'm dyslexic

Favorite Answer

As I understand it, there are various symptoms to dyslexia. Reversing and jumbling letters is one of them.

I have the problem of dropping words when writing, thinking I've already written them. Also, if I need to verbally describe a complex topic, sometimes my thoughts get totally jumbled and words flow out of order.

I am dyslexic. I do not do anything like that, but I say numbers different all the time. For example, I will say 3 instead of 6 or 9 instead of 3 or 4 instead of 2. Stuff like that, I also write numbers down wrong sometimes, but I do not often talk wrong, that only happens once in a while. Your symptoms sound like they can be dyslexic. Check out the link for more info.

It doesn't sound dyslexic to me. In any account you should get it checked out. Seems vision related to me.

Its definitely something.