How do you install a "count-up" timer in a Wordpress post?
This is driving me absolutely insane. I want to put a ticker, one that counts off the time elapsed since I first installed it, in a post on my blog. I've googled, to no avail. My blog is on wordpress.com, if that's any help. Where can I find a code, and how to I implement it?
- 10 years agoFavorite Answer
If you assumed you installed Wordpress on May 11, 2010 9:30:15 am you can calculate and write out the time difference in php like this:
2. // Get current time
3. $date1 = time();
4. // Get the timestamp of 2010 May 11, 9:30:15 am
5. $date2 = mktime(15,30,09,05,11,2010);
6. // get the difference in seconds
7. $dateDiff = $date1 - $date2;
8. // convert to minutes
9. $fullMinutes = round($dateDiff/(60));
10. // write to page
11. echo "Site has been up $fullMinutes minutes";
12. ?>Source(s): http://www.phpf1.com/tutorial/php-date-difference.... http://www.21stsoft.com/software-development-datab...