Kennel Cough...?

My co-worker has a dog that has begun exhibiting a dry cough. No fever, no discharge, no wet respiratory sounds. Several days ago, her dog was in contact with a friend of the family who has 3 dogs, one of which had come down with kennel cough from being boarded. The owner of the sick dog embraced and cuddled... show more My co-worker has a dog that has begun exhibiting a dry cough. No fever, no discharge, no wet respiratory sounds.

Several days ago, her dog was in contact with a friend of the family who has 3 dogs, one of which had come down with kennel cough from being boarded. The owner of the sick dog embraced and cuddled her dog. There was no dog-to-dog contact- can this illness be spread on human clothing?

She will be taking the dog to the vet asap, but was curious if that's what may have happened.

As always, thanks.