Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Calculus Disc/washer/shell method.?

I have two problems that I have no idea how to work, and have the test coming up soon.

1) Sketch the region by the following curves and find the volume of the solid generated by revolving this region about the x-axis.

y=8sqrtx

y=8x^3

2) Sketch the region bounded by the following curves and find the volume of the solid generated by the revolving this region about the y-axis.

x=1/2y^3

x=4

y=0

I need to know why you picked the method you did, and the work shown associated with it. THANK YOU SO MUCH

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello joey e,

I have posted full solutions to your questions using both the washer and shell methods at one of the math help forums I help to moderate so that I may provide you with an easy to read explanation using diagrams and LaTeX:

http://www.mathhelpboards.com/f52/joey-es-question...

Best Regards,

Mark.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.