Jehovah's Witnesses Why do you believe that Jesus died on a stake?

Even YOUR Bible says that there were NAILS (more than one) driven thru His hands. If he was hung on a stake, only ONE nail would have been necessary. You changed your Bible so it said stake instead of cross on all the verses necessary but I guess you were not careful when it came to this verse huh? John... show more Even YOUR Bible says that there were NAILS (more than one) driven thru His hands. If he was hung on a stake, only ONE nail would have been necessary. You changed your Bible so it said stake instead of cross on all the verses necessary but I guess you were not careful when it came to this verse huh?

John 20:25
Consequently the other disciples would say to him: “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them: “Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will certainly not believe.”
NEW WORLD TRANSLATION
Update: EDIT: @Simple Truth
So you are saying that the historian has proven GOD's word to be INCORRECT? The only explanation for the Bible to say NAILS is that there were MORE than one. This can only be possible if you are nailed on BOTH hands: ON A CROSS
Update 2: EDIT: @Abernathy the Dull SOOOO wrong... Do your research: anatomists and medical experts have concluded that a nail set through the middle of the palm of a hand would not be sufficient to hold most of the weight of an adult male on a cross. The nail would tear through the ligaments and tendons in the hand.... show more EDIT: @Abernathy the Dull
SOOOO wrong... Do your research: anatomists and medical experts have concluded that a nail set through the middle of the palm of a hand would not be sufficient to hold most of the weight of an adult male on a cross. The nail would tear through the ligaments and tendons in the hand. Therefore, it is unlikely that Christ was crucified through the middle of the palm of the hand.

Jesus also could not have been nailed thru His wrists because there is bone in there and the Scripture says:
John 19:36
"In fact, these things took place in order for the scripture to be fulfilled: “Not a bone of his will be crushed.” "

So it had to have been thru the radius and urna bones where only ONE nail could have been used. Try to put your arms in a straight position mimicking the stake... there is no way you can drive more than one nail in that position, the arms can not overlap straightly enough to drive TWO nails UNLESS it is done on a T shape cross.
Update 3: EDIT: @ Rolando
The verse in question clearly states "unless I see in his hands the print of the nails" He never said " and feet."

At best, you have only proven that there was more than ONE nail used in Jesus' crucifixion.
Update 4: EDIT: @Elijah Yes, that's what your "higher ups" say in their literature. But you still did not provide any logical answer for the verse in question. And at no point did I say that it was okay to worship the cross because as you well mentioned, it would be a sin. Here a little something else for... show more EDIT: @Elijah
Yes, that's what your "higher ups" say in their literature. But you still did not provide any logical answer for the verse in question. And at no point did I say that it was okay to worship the cross because as you well mentioned, it would be a sin.

Here a little something else for you that the New World Translation says:
Matthew 27:37
"Also, they posted above his head the charge against him, in writing: “This is Jesus the King of the Jews.”" Why doesn't it say "above his hands"? It paints a clear picture to the one that wants to see it...
Update 5: EDIT: @Don Key
Nope. This proves they DID change some things but WERE NOT careful to change EVERYTHING... and unless you have an explanation that satisfies the two, then the lies become apparent