Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

one for the guys...?

i've just been sitting here and thinking. it's not even that important. so if you're looking for a sob question in need of a insta-solution, look elsewhere.

i'm 21 and i've never had a boyfriend; i don't even think i'm embarassed about this. it's not that i'm waiting for "the one"; in actuality, i'm thinking my first bf will probably be just your average joe...and i'm fine with that too!

am i being too carefree in the romantic sense, or should i follow my fellow compatriots in search of the mythical "perfect guy"? i don't even know what i'm looking for in a guy--should that even scare me?

if you have time to answer, please do. as i said, you answering this isn't that important..but any input would help. thanks.

Favorite Answer

Hey I'm average...pick me! Pick me!

Well hey it takes time to find that perfect guy and most times he is right in front of your face the entire time! You actually might get a suprise bonus most girls wont get. See you actually get guys who are usually finally getting good at dateing! So that means less average joe's and more well more then average joe's =P

If you feel the need to have a companion, go for it. If you feel that you continue living without one then so be it.

I think that it is important to spark a romantic relationship with someone before you get older. It's like 'relevant experience' in future relationships. You wouldn't want to date a guy who was too advanced than you, would you?

• Don't settle for just anyone. I'm in the same boat you are, and I find that very little people meet the requirements I have for a healthy relationship...maybe that's the ultimate downfall, trying to find the ideal/perfect man/woman - but I think I'm going to ignore that for now lol.

Honestly you shouldnt go looking for the 'perfect one' but you SHOULD date at least. Meeting guys in an awesome learning experience. You'll learn your likes and dislikes in men. And you'll learn more about who you are as a person by meeting other personalties. You'll learn which type of men are going to clash or blend with you. Also, read some Cosmo. ha ha

your actually pretty smart.

i mean... im 18. i have pretty much been going out with someone constantly for the past 3 years.

man... what a waste of time...

anyways haha... sometimes its good to go out with some people.

to get a feel of the things you like and dont like in a guy.

i consider the last 3 relationships i was in as bringing me closer to being able to truely respect the amazing woman that will one day enter my life.

and even though they were a big waste of time... they did teach me alot.

a good guys not hard to spot, just hard to find.

good luck =)

look dear, i don't think there is any problem at all, only u didn't meet yet the one whom you feel attached to.

A perfect guy for you do exist, and when you got to know him well you'll know that he is the guy. But don't forget that he isn't perfect as you aren't.