What is wrong with me? Hypothyroidism, Pituitary hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's? Added ranges for results.?

I'm 19, about 5 feet tall, 116 lbs. African-American.

History: Most of the symptoms I have I've had for years, but being raised in a family that pushed me to “just deal with it” whenever I complained about feeling sick I was forced to push myself. I'm in a much better situation, but since I've been here my health has consistently been declining and I've developed anxiety which keeps getting worse. Life before this year was pretty close to unbearably stressful including frequent sporadic bouts of homelessness all throughout my life as well as other traumatic events. I thought maybe it could be ptsd or GAD, but the anxiety just began now that I'm removed from the stressful situation and placed into a stable one, same with my body pretty much breaking down. Through-out my developmental years I abused a variety of pills (Been clean for awhile.) as well as ingesting mass amounts of soy (vegetarian for eight years) and starting birth control at 14. Family has a history of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, addiction. Possibly a history of hypothyroid, but only one family member is officially diagnosed ,four people total with parallel symptoms though.

Symptoms including, but not limited to: Dry, brittle hair & scalp, hair loss, dry skin, several different kinds of recurring headaches (center of head between ears mostly), weight fluctuationss ,Hirsutism, irregular periods, infertility, acne, visual disturbances (three dots in a triangular formation), bleeding gums, tooth decay, sporadic dizziness, loss of motor control, slurred speech, fevers (past 2 month), menstrual irregularities, infertility, sinuses hurt constantly throughout ears and face, several serious sinus infections over the years, "lump stuck in throat” feeling, swelling under her chin sometimes, heartburn, stabbing chest pains (really painful almost incapacitating), heart palpitations, back & shoulder pain (excruciating, chronic), trouble digesting food, no appetite, possible gall bladder problems, daily nausea, muscle weakness, joint pain, chronic yeast infections over the years (generally very prone to infection), "tingling" in limbs kind of like they fell asleep but more intense of a pins & needles feeling, lack of energy, shortness of breath., lump on her arm about a centimeter or so high, what feels like carpal tunnel, insomnia, serious anxiety. Temperature. is very low in the morning and high at night. She's extremely sensitive to cold, sensitive to light(sometimes it causes her to vomit or pass out)

We're worried that the ranges of normality might be off considering she's a pretty tiny person and i guess wouldn't have the same range of normality as someone who is of average height and weight or someone that hasn't been on birth control on and off since they were 14

Theories have been put forth that it could be either depression in general (it absolutely isn't), 1.pituitary or secondary hypothyroid, 2.Adrenal failure originating in the pituitary gland( due to what seems like bouncing between hyperthyroid and hypothyroid) 3. Leukemia (due to my wbc being on the high end and my rbc being on the low end) or some Autoimmune disease (due to my lymphocyte count being on the high end and my monocyte count being on the low end)

Doctors are just pretty much refusing to listen to her tell them her symptoms or perform tests, especially if they know her history. Or they tell her it's anxiety or depression because her results are “within range”.

Here are a lot of test results, if you can make any sense out of them I'd really appreciate it:

BUN/Creatinine Ratio 13 mmol/L Range - 8-27

Alkaline Phosphatase, S 48 (IU/L) 60-400

LDH 115 (IU/L) 100-250

AST (SGOT) 15 (IU/L) 0-40

ALT (SGPT) 14 (IU/L) 0-55

pH 6.0

Free T4 1.28 (ng/dL) 0.61-1.76

TSH 1.051 (uIU/mL) 0.450-4.500

Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab <10 (IU/mL) 0-34

free t3 3.3 (pg/mL) 2.3-4.2

antithyroglobulin ab siemens (DPC) ICMA Method <20 IU/ML 0-40

WBC 8.6 (x10E3/uL) 4.0-10.5

RBC 4.13 (x10E6/uL) 4.10-5.60

Hemoglobin 12.3 (g/dL) 12.5-17.0

Hematocrit 36.2 (%) 36.0-50.0

RDW 12.7 (%) 11.7-15.0

Platelets 344 (x10E3/uL) 140-415

Neutrophils 46 (%) 40-74

Lymphs 49 (%)14-46

Monocytes 4 (%) 4-13

Eos 1 (%) 0-7

Basos 0 (%) 0-3

Neutrophils (Absolute) 4.0 (x10E3/uL) 1.8-7.8

Lymphs (Absolute) 4.2 (x10E3/uL) 0.7-4.5

Monocytes (Absolute) 0.3 (x10E3/uL) 0.1-1.0

Eos (Absolute) 0.1 (x10E3/uL) 0.0-02

Baso (Absolute) 0.0 0.0-0.4

Additional Details

I forgot to clarify a few things. The tooth decay is recent, most of the enamel on my teeth is gone. I don't have insurance at all. I can't work and I can't go to school. And I'm no longer a vegetarian as of one year ago.

Also, I've been all over the vitamins situation. All kinds of D, B, B12, A and some other multi as well as iron supplements.

Not diabetic. Been having trouble feeling my peehole and trouble peeing.

Favorite Answer

I would ask for a serum ferritin test. Anemia often shows up in the ferritin (storage iron) before it is apparent in other iron tests. With your hemoglobin slightly below range, your hematocrit at the bottom of its range, and your history of vegetarianism, I would suspect that many of your symptoms are due to anemia. If you were a vegetarian for very long, you may have lost your ability to digest meat.

I would add that soy binds thyroid hormone and prevents it from being absorbed into your cells. If you still eat any soy at all, you can be hypothyroid on the tissue level, even though your blood levels look OK.

The lump in the throat might be a thyroid nodule, which should be watched with ultrasound imaging.

Source(s): www.goodhormonehealth.com About Thyroid (not sure of URL right now)

1

Source(s): Cure Hypothyroids http://sparkindl.info/HypothyroidismRelief

A few months ago, I was very sick, zero energy, freezing cold, depressed, weight gain, thought I was dying. I read every word of this Hypothyroidism Revolution program and followed all the advice. My life turned around the first week. I started to feel human again. Within weeks my energy came back and I felt like living again.

Get the entire hypothyroidism revolution system today? just choose the best option for you.

Well, you could have hypothyroidism although ur blood tests seem ok. Diabetes is something else to consider. It does sound like there are some anxiety and depressive issues there and you would be amazed at what that can do to the boddy! It does sound like you could have some sort or a combination of auto immune disorders. Keep on at the dr's until they get it right.

Don't give up!

Source(s): Diabetic for 36 yrs, hypothyroidism, old age lol

I recently found a good online resource about hypothyroidism. I wanted to know more about treatment options and how to stop hypothyroidism at the source and I bumped into this program called hypothyroidismrevolution. I found it very useful. Check it out here http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=290

Cheers.

Simple , your a hypochondriac, and you definitely need help. See your doctor,or maybe you already do too much.