Katie asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

I always feel like my mind is a blank. How can I change that and become interesting?

i feel like i'm boring and bland. and kind of like i have a constant case of "writers block" but especially when i'm talking with other people. I never have anything to say.

Favorite Answer

you just have to realize what you like and what makes you happy. caring about things and having passion makes you interesting. maybe more confidence is a good place to start. good luck.

Read a book, take a class, find a hobby, hang out with people who challenge you intellectually, travel...

I just read your additional info., you just sound like you are worried about carrying on interesting conversations with people. Lots of people have that problem. I would still try to do all the things above, but mostly you just have to relax and try not to worry if you don't have anything to add. I used to be really shy and didn't think I had much to say. I forced myself into uncomfortable situations and after a while I just became more confident in speaking with others. Also, I learned that a lot of people just want to talk anyway, so a good start at learning to make conversation is to really listen and then ask follow-up questions.

I'm no psychologist. But sometimes I feel like I'm boring. What I try to do is find things to occupy myself with, like hobbies. Even if it seems like you're not thinking while you're say, kickboxing or dancing or knitting, your brain is technically working. And you would have something to talk about with other people who share those same interests. It's also a good idea to read or watch the news, so you can learn new, interesting things. Maybe read something thought provoking, like philosophy? You could try writing, or listening to music. What about a journal? There are many things you could do.

Wow. Just the fact that you answered that question says you are on your way to becoming more interesting! My advice, read more news, read non-fiction books, go to college, and last but not least, engage in conversation with people that also want to seem interesting. College is a great place to find those types of people, although you can run into them in coffee shops and book stores, although it's more random that way. Best class you can take to really get your mind going and develop your own opinions is (in my opinion), philosophy. Good luck!

• Gina E

Spend time reading books an newspapers; get up on current events, so you have something to talk about when you meet new people. Watching t.v. also provides shared experiences among people. Have confidence, and don't be too self-conscious about what people think of you!

Read interesting novels, or watch interesting things on tv. Not like sitcoms, like documentaries. Like, my Mom watches the murder mysteries and stuff. I dont know. It kind of depends on your age. Just chill with friends more, then you guys will do all sorts of interesting things together. But it sounds like you are more shy than dull, just break out of that shell, and you'll be fine!! =]

Use some hobbies... Get more social.. with friends and lead to proper relationships...

To avoid the mind blanking thing... Get to know the person properly and notice all the likes and dislikes he/she has.. then you will have way more to talk about..

Read the newspaper. It keeps you up to date with things, and even in the articles you may find boring, you'll learn a lot of things. ( i.e. random facts) The newspaper will also improve your writing skills. (If you're interested -_-')

hmmm. Try out some clubs, get into hobbies, go shopping, and THINK. I mean I think ALOT. Just think, today, will be the FIRST AND ONLY January 4, 2007. That is weird huh? You should start thinkin, and maybe get yourself active...

Read books that really get you thinking, and find something that inspires you. Writing poems or stories, drawing or painting, etc. Find what you love to do. Good luck!