If God is unchangeable, how could he become a man?

According to christians Jesus is god.

Favorite Answer

There are no gods, and the Christian version of a three-in-one god is simply ridiculous.

wow level 7 in one month? that;s intence.

I've been on here for like 3years and I'm only on level 4.

k, so about your question.

I think your a bit confused. God IS unchangable. At least his way of life is. But his appearance IS changable. his inside way is UNchangable but his apperance or outside look in CHANGable. Like Jesus will never stop being forgiving, or loving, or caring, but he might change to be in the human form.

Get it?

God Bless <3

woohooo justin bieber. ;)

• Greg

His character is unchangeable.

God is not static, if he were then he wouldn't have created anything, he would never have chosen the Israelites, he would just do exactly what he's always done. Be static. He would do nothing.

Jews take God unchanging way too literally, as they take everything else. God is a person with a creative spirit, not some inanimate static thing.

He did not become a man. The Bible teaches that the man Jesus Christ was present at the creation of the world.

If Jesus was God, why did he say:

... I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

- John 14:28

On the other hand, he also said"

I and my father are one.

- John 10:30

It's one of the many contradictions in the Christian bible. And the idea of the "trinity" didn't come until much later and is not accepted by all sects of Christianity as you can see from your varied answers.

"On the dogmas of religion, all mankind, from the beginning of the world to this day, have been quarreling, fighting, burning and torturing one another, for abstractions unintelligible to themselves and to all others, and absolutely beyond the comprehension of the human mind."

-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Archibald Carey, 1816

His character and holiness is unchangeable. And the Bible claims that the Son has existed eternally -- and therefore no time-bound "change" took place. (That is, God the Son existed prior to the incarnation. The Bible is very emphatic about that.)

God is God!he's a light of beauty you can see God in every thing even a little bird!by looking at it's beauty you can feel God in your heart

Unchangeable means He won't break His promises (James 1:17), He won't change His perfect will, His plan.

Since it is obvious you are not a Christian, you cannot possibly know what a Christian believes. The vast majority of those who are called by that name wrestle with the truth. The fact is Jesus is not God. Your question is further proof, and it is thoughtful and insightful. The bible says he changeth not. Furthermore Christ stated his father was greater than he. That would certainly mean he could not be God.

Unchangeable refers to his judgment and what He desires of mankind, not his appearance.

He never did.

Not all who claim to be Christians believe that Jesus is God. The bible does not teach that.