Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Other - Destinations · 1 decade ago

What is the best site to get a good deal on a hotel?? expedia.. orbitz..?

i'm looking to send my mum down to south beach for a weekend away.. what would be the best site to get a good deal on a hotel?? thanx

Favorite Answer

I would suggest http://www.hotelbooklet.com which compares more than 30 popular hotel reservations sites and shows the cheapest rates.

If she is traveling alone contact the hotel directly. Weekends are typically busier than weekdays depending on the location can be very busy, worst case: sold out! Sometimes hotels overbook, it's a common practice. You are not really saving too much money if you are by yourself by using Expedia (which is the one I would recommend if you HAD to go this route). Expedia has been recommended to me by my pts who have consistently gotten the lowest fares from here. The problem with using a 3rd party to book your reservations are: if there's a problem with the reservation you will have a very hard time finding out who to blame. If you get to the desk, and they can't find the reservation they will blame it on Expedia. You will call Expedia and they will blame it on the hotel, and so forth. In this case, you won't win. If you call the hotel directly and they screw the reservation up, it's all on them.

try travelocity.com