How much money do you need to retire in India ?

My spouse and I have been thru enough corporate mergers, offshoring and downsizing that we're tired of the personal turmoil that this comes with for our family. We've decided to call it quits and move back to India. We're both in the mid-forties and were just wondering what it wouild take to... show more My spouse and I have been thru enough corporate mergers, offshoring and downsizing that we're tired of the personal turmoil that this comes with for our family. We've decided to call it quits and move back to India. We're both in the mid-forties and were just wondering what it wouild take to comfortably retire in India. Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore may be out of our reach considering the real estate price appreciation there.

We wanted to get a feel for what the public perception is (preferably from those in India and those NRI's that have moved back there) for the kind of "nest egg" one needs to have a comfortable life which includes:

a) decent education for our 2 children, 7 and 10.
b) a home (3 br apartment in upper middle class neighborhood - 1500+ sqft)
c) a vehicle
c) Residual income to maintain monthly household expenses