Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 1 decade ago

stop smoking?

how did u stop smoking? are there any free stop smoking aides out there?

Favorite Answer

ur doctor can get you to a smoking cessation program..

A very hard habit to break. I had my doctor put me on welbutrin, it's a anti depression medication but it helped with the cravings. There is also a number to call 1 - 800 - quit - now, they give you 2 months of the patch and there is always someone to talk to if you need to. Also when you get the craving take 10 deep breathes or chew on some Cinnamon gum.

There are several ways to quit. You can taper off using nicotine patches or gum. You can quite cold turkey. The physical withdrawal from nicotine lasts about 4 days. The American Lung Association linked below has a lot of good information. Be encouraged, you can quit.

Source(s): www.lungusa.org

I set my mind and it worked, I first started smoking once a day (i smoked like 5 or 6 a day on weekdays) then once you need almost none, always have a pach of gum (not nicorette just plain gum, the strongest mint like altoids work great) and everytime you need a cigarrette chew gum, you'll se it will work... worked for me!

• milky

I never smoked, but my dad did. He told me that the nicotine gum was the only thing that worked, he said it was so nasty that he would never smoke again. I think the best way is to stop gradually.

Go buy grapfruit juce drink one glass every morning it makes your taste buds more sensitive, get a new tooth brush your old one had nicotine in it, and lots of sunfowler seed, jollly ranches,suckers,and gum. Keep your hands and your mouth busy! and stay away from people who smoke..the first 3 days are the hardest.. GOOD LUCK

COLD TURKEY not easy but worth the effort.change other habits too.it only took a couple of weeks to get over the cravings

most drs.have free info,for a 1-800 # support group,the main thing is to set your mind to quitting.

Source(s): been there,9 1/2 months

I did it cold turkey, I had gotten sick with my heart and was told to stop and i did. its now been 4 years but believe me the urge is still there

good luck

Cold Turkey is the cheapest method.

Source(s): Worked for me.

I never started to smoke and never plan to.