Best cheap hotel in Mexico City?

What is the best hotel you know of in Mexico City for around $50 (US) per night?

Our requirements include: two double beds, clean, safe area, secure parking.

Thanks for your help.

I need to make reservations now for Christmas time .

I'm fluent in Spanish and have experience driving in Mexico - so no worries on those fronts :)

Favorite Answer

You can try http://www.hotelbooklet.com which compares more than 30 popular hotel reservations sites and shows the cheapest rates in Mexico City!

Mexico City (Ciudad de México) may be the capital of Mexico and an incredible town surrounded by great mountain ranges. To see this city you are able to choose the best selection hotelbye . The city's area is unquestionably breathtaking. Two wonderful snow-covered volcanoes, Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl, tower above it making use of their more of 5,000 meters. Mexico City also keeps numerous reminders of their past and these are issues that attract the tourists. The defeating heart of Mexico City is Zócalo - the Plaza de la Constitución (Constitution Square) - where the country's first constitution was proclaimed in 1813 and now could be one of the most visited host to Mexico City since it's one of many world's biggest squares. In Mexico City you can even visit: the National Palace, the Metropolitan Cathedral and the Templo Mayor.

My favorite hotel in DF is Casa Gonzalez. Click the link below to read other reviews of this hotels. Lots of Mexicans travel at Christmas to be with family and friends, and Casa Gonzalez only has 22 rooms. If you can't get in there, click the "(arrow) Mexico City Hotels" at the top of the page. This will give you all 199 DF hotels on Trip Advisor. Then you can sort by Lowest Price First to find the cheaper hotels and read those reviews.

they're plenty of cheap,relatively clean,safe hotels in d.f...they're a couple of places off the paseo de la reforma, around calles paris and espana, I think. on the opposite side of the fiesta americana... not speaking Spanish puts you at a disadvantage but you can ask a cabbie. sure, they might be getting a kickback but they will always let you check the room out first...

cross the paseo from the fiesta Americana and go 1 block then go left a few blocks. not sure about parking...I choose not to drive in d.f,there are plenty of cheap ways to get around the city without having to worry about parking.

This article from http://wwww.mexicocityvibes.com/cheap-mexico-city-... gives three great choices... the best situated right in the Centro Historico

I always find the absolute lowest price searching hotels at http://thehotelcompare.com thay have very good deals on hotels :)

SORRY, YOU WONT FIND A CHEAP HOTEL LLIKE YOU DESCRIBE IN A SAFE PLACE, IF I WERE YOU, I LOOK FOR A BETTER HOTEL, MANY HAVE PACKAGES, ALL INCLUDED, THE ONES YOUARE ASKING ARE FOR LOVE AFFAIRS AND HOOKERS, SORRY, BUT IS TRUE. SACRIFICE A LITTLE MORE.