Pancake asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

Does ejaculation actually have any negative effects?

I'm in an on-going debate with someone so I'm trying to find some proof that ejaculation (specifically losing sperm) doesn't lower your life span or make you less intelligent or able to focus. I already know that after men ejaculate that they get tired, but I have serious doubts about it shortening their life or making them unable to focus for days after (as this person is implying). I really believe that it's due to other reasons and an unhealthy life style, not losing sperm.

I haven't found any articles supporting the idea yet. If anyone can find one that proves this as a myth or not that'd be a great way to answer my question.

Alex G, I really don't think you going bald has anything to do with that. Just face it, your hair line is going to gradually start receeding from now on.

• Tom V
    Best Answer

The burden of proof is on whoever is making all these absurd claims.

Ejaculation is as normal as peeing, but a bit more interesting. The system isn't engineered to self-destruct as a result of normal operations - especially one as necessary to the species as ejaculation.

Masturbation only becomes a problem if you masturbate instead of doing everyday things. You can't really masturbate too much unless you doing it an insane amount like multiple times a day, to the point of chaffing or bruising. I used to masturbate every other day, sometimes every day of the week for many years during my teens. Its natural. I should bring up porn though. Porn can be good and bad. Some can teach you a few things when it comes to pleasing a women and some can do the complete opposite. Women in porn are also for the most part unrealistic when it comes to the looks of regular girls and what they are willing to do. Most won't do the stuff you see in porn.

Assuming that one practices safe sex, then the only negative effect of ejaculation is having to clean up a gooey sticky mess.

I've never known anyone who was tiered for days after ejaculating. Everyone is tiered after sex but not for days more like 30 Min's. But there are negative affects to not ejaculating so you could try researching those.

Source(s): life

actually contrary to the other persons belief ejaculation can increase focus and concentration because it can lower blood pressure and stress

hope it helps

Well? scientist did a study were they said men who didn't mate live longer then toss who did! why? because just likes animals ( we are animals!) were here on this planet to reproduce and die so if we take longer to mate we live longer.

YES, i've done it for 6 years i'm 20 and my hair is falling out because of it.

Pregnancy can be a pretty negative effect. :P