Failure to appear on Driving on Suspended License in Illinois, whats the fine?

About a year and a half ago, I was leaving Illinois to head back to Arizona. On the way out of the state, I was pulled over and discovered my Arizona DL was suspended. The officer ticketed me for it and let me go (He had compassion considering the reasoning for me going back to Arizona). Anyway, I completely forgot about the ticket, and after resolving the Arizona issue and attempting to get my DL back, I found out that Illinois had suspended me as well.

So the question is, what is the usual fine for this in Illinois? The state offices are closed so I cant call to find out at the moment. Hoping someone might know in advance.

Thanks.

Ok, can someone who isnt a complete idiot respond? Misdemeanor traffic warrants can be settled w/o going to the other state by just paying the fine.

Oh and for innocence faded, what part of I DID NOT KNOW was confusing to you? Idiot.

My "menace to the roads" was a 6 MPH speeding camera ticket that was sent to the wrong address. People like you make me embarrassed to be American.

Just got off the phone with them, its only $70. Woohoo!

Favorite Answer

my fine was set by the court and was $1000 and a 1 year suspension

There will be a warrant out for your arrest, so there's that amount of money to pay the bail bondsman, plus court costs, the ticket and fees. Will be very pricey, oh and I didn't even mention the attorney you are going to needs fees, and the travel back from Arizona to Illinois, back to Arizona.

Hopefully very heavy. You obviously have no regard for the law, since first you were a menace to the roads (which got your license suspended) and then drove anyway even though you knew it was illegal for you to be driving.

I don't know about the fine but since you didn't go to court or pay the fine, you have warrant out for you arrest.