What are some unique wedding poses to use for my October wedding?

I'm trying to come up with some unique, funny and innovative poses to use to capture some good moments at my wedding. The wedding party has 14 people including myself and my soon to be wife. Thanks in advance for your help.

Favorite Answer

Aren't you hiring a pro? Why not discuss it with him/her?

• Ara57

When looking for a photographer, look at the website portfolio. When you see work you like, ask the photog at the interview to see some work that he/she considers unique. Discuss with them what type of look you want. Look at lots of pro websites to see what it currently trendy, maybe you'll see some things you like. Be aware of the time constraint, though. If you only have 30 minutes scheduled for formals, there is a limit to how creative you can be. And unusual posing requires more direction in most cases. (Some of those shots may seem purely PJ, but many are, in fact, heavily orchestrated.) 14 is quite a group to pose. The first step is finding a photographer whose style and treatment you like. Best wishes to you.

yes im sure you are hiring a pro. But that doesnt mean they will have anything unique or special that they havent done 100x over with previous weddings. Asking outside the box is a great start to get some original ideas!

Make a human pyramid with the wedding party :-)

Good luck and have fun!!

The Wedding Photojournalists Association has some great photos.

Candid, candid, candid.

Unposed is best.

A buddy of mine caught a bride in a completely unrehearsed moment this summer, and it is a great photograph.

A very nice suggestions Antoni. LOL

Source(s): Avid fan of Antoni
  • Antoni