Manga/Anime fans reading comics

for the last few years (OK decade) sales of comic books (at least the ones made in America) have been going down due to not reaching teens and young adults. while manga has being growing among teens and young adults. I've noticed some people working in comics try to figure out what they are doing wrong about... show more for the last few years (OK decade) sales of comic books (at least the ones made in America) have been going down due to not reaching teens and young adults.

while manga has being growing among teens and young adults.

I've noticed some people working in comics try to figure out what they are doing wrong about reaching new people.

so I'm going to do something that they should have done, ask you what do you find appealing in manga/anime that you can't find in American comics.

and what can creators do to appeal to you?
Update: you guys all are giving good answers. I think I'll put this up to a vote but truth betold I don't really think there is a best answer for this type of question.

I want to add that I greatly enjoy your guys insight.