What are your principles in life? what is your talent?

Hi , I am from Haiti and I am suppose to write a college admission essay to talk about either my talents or the principles that I use in life and say how they will contribute to my school. I did not want to write about my life in Haiti but since it is the only thing that no one will write about (given that... show more Hi ,
I am from Haiti and I am suppose to write a college admission essay to talk about either my talents or the principles that I use in life and say how they will contribute to my school. I did not want to write about my life in Haiti but since it is the only thing that no one will write about (given that everyone has a unique life experience) I decided to write about it. I don't want to write something that I think admission officers would expect to see from a haitian student but I would like to write something that people would find interesting. Do you have any curiosity about young Haitians in their country? What is something interesting you would like to know about them?