Why do people tend to push breast feeding on women?

i understand the benefits of breast feeding and all but sometimes wonder why people automatically say no you should breast feed or why aren't you breast feeding its better for them. i personally breast fed in the beginning as much as i could (didn't produce enough milk and she hated latching on) but i had... show more i understand the benefits of breast feeding and all but sometimes wonder why people automatically say no you should breast feed or why aren't you breast feeding its better for them. i personally breast fed in the beginning as much as i could (didn't produce enough milk and she hated latching on) but i had to stop because i was on antibiotics for my c-section. i was bottle fed and was a healthy kid and still am. so just wondering how many people have thrown in a breast feeding is better statement and why?
Update: formula is not an unhealthy choice. second i developed a terrible infection on my c-section and was antibiotics twice written on the bottle it said do not use while breast feeding. thridly my daughter could not for the life of her latch on. and i could hardly produce half an ounce of breast milk at times. sorry but... show more formula is not an unhealthy choice. second i developed a terrible infection on my c-section and was antibiotics twice written on the bottle it said do not use while breast feeding. thridly my daughter could not for the life of her latch on. and i could hardly produce half an ounce of breast milk at times. sorry but my child wouldn't survive on that. this is what i mean people like the ones questioning my reasons for not picking up breast feeding again after being off the antibiotics. putting me down. its rude and unkind. and quite degrading making a mother feel guilty or like she did something wrong.
Update 2: its fine and all to give info on breast feeding. i agree with breast feeding but i also believe it is a mothers choice to breast or not. and she doesn't need people putting her down if she asks questions about formula feeding or repeated answers saying breast feed breast feed. it is her choice not anyone elses.